As I sat down to write yesterday’s blog I was feeling the effects of writers block and instead of persevering decided to take some time out to enjoy a relaxed, at-home pamper session to recharge and unwind.
Drawing a warm bath and crumbling a bubble bar under the tap, It got me thinking about how much I enjoy ‘me time’ and how therapeutic it is even if you don’t have anything in particular weighing on your mind. With time often being a luxury I started thinking about simple and fun ways to relax, even when you only have 5 minutes to spare.
5 Ways To Relax In 5 Minutes
1. Stretch out with your favourite yoga poses, sun salutations or some simple stretches.
2. Write a journal or blog.
3. Play with your dog, cat or pet.
4. Take a walk around the block.
5. Watch the sunrise or sunset. Turn off technologies and enjoy the view with a beverage of your choice.
5 Ways To Relax In 30 Minutes
1. Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure.
2. Read your favourite book, magazine or blog.
3. Try out a new feel-good fitness class, either at the gym or DVD’s (I love my mum’s 80’s workout videos)
4. Do something creative! Start a DIY project, knit, paint or draw, scrapbook, bake or any other creative activities you enjoy.
5. Start planning a vacation or look into some fun activities/dates for yourself or with a partner, family and friends.
5 Ways To Relax In 1 Hour
1. Enjoy a meal at your favourite restaurant/cafe or cook something a bit fancy. I love creating a cheese board with chocolate-covered strawberries, dips and a glass of wine.
2. Watch a few episodes of your favourite tv-show or youtube channel. I personally love watching frivolous shows like ‘The Bachelor’ while enjoying the cheese board and wine.
3. Explore a new hiking track or enjoy a beach run, stretching out afterwards overlooking the ocean.
4. Go shopping
5. Create your own at-home spa treatment. Enjoy a facial and hair treatment while sinking into a bubble bath complete with candles, music and your favourite book.
Question: What are your favourite ways to relax?