Thank you to Lynn & Alex from Eat2Health Blog for the nomination. Please do check out their blog, its full of delicious recipes!
It’s only been a few short months since I entered the world of blogging and I’ve been absolutely loving every moment of it. Thank you to everyone for all the encouragement and support. The fact that you guys continue to read and enjoy the blog truly means the world to me.
So you might be saying ‘Lieb what?’, well its an award given out to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It’s an encouragement award of sorts to welcome new bloggers to the community.
As part of the award rules, Eat2Health Blog have given me a few questions to answer so here goes.
1. What have you found to be the hardest thing about blogging and why?
Finding the time to create blog posts that are well-written, interesting and include quality photographs. Even though it’s challenging, I’m enjoying the journey of developing my personal writing style and learning the in’s and out’s of food photography.
2. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
I’ve always had a sweet tooth and love chocolate, cookies, cakes, you name it.
3. What’s the best movie you’ve seen this year?
If I get to choose the movie, it’s most likely going to be a ‘chick-flick’, comedy or travel movie/documentary. For 2014, my pick would be Begin Again.
4. Do you eat2health?
Definitely. When I went vegetarian 5 years ago I noticed a huge difference in my health, both physically and mentally. I truly believe our planet, which gives us life is where we will find the cure for the diseases and ills that cripple our society. By eating a diet largely of wholefoods you will eat your way to a happier and healthier self.
5. What song brings you the most memories when played and why?
Country music- anything by Shania Twain and Bryan Adams. I always reminisce jumping on the couch and singing along with my childhood friends.
6. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve over come up until this point?
It’s still a work in progress, but loving yourself for who you are. I’m definitely getting better at this with age.
7. What’s your all-time favourite book?
It changes over time but in the last few years it would have to be Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
9. What’s your favourite dish to cook or bake in the kitchen?
It’s forever changing but I’ve always loved baking sweets, particularly cupcakes.As of late I have enjoyed making Indian foods and curries.
10. Where’s the most exotic and/or interesting place you’ve traveled to?
Most interesting place would be Italy. The way of life is so different from what I have been brought up with, it was a culture shock that’s for sure. I was in complete awe when we visited the ruins and was glued to the guide book trying to understand the history behind the overwhelming amount of art and religious sites.
…Now list 11 random facts about yourself!
1. My first job was working in a candle store.
2. I collect cookbooks. Two of my most unusual books are an Alice & Wonderland cookbook and the WWF cookbook.
3. My dream job as a child was to be a fashion designer.
4. I’m an only child.
5. My dog’s name is Oscar and he is a Tenterfield Terrier.
6. I’ve always lived close to the beach.
7. My favourite flowers are sunflowers. They are so bright and cheerful.
8. I love the theater. I grew up acting, mostly on stage. The last show I saw was Wicked which was incredible.
9. My favourite holiday spot in Australia is Port Douglas, where you can snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
10. My favourite cuisine is Mexican.
11. I’m at my happiest when I’m out in nature- hiking in a national park with loved ones or running along the beach. Being outside always calms me.
Questions for the talented nominees.
1. Where would you live if you could choose anywhere in the world?
2. If you could be a celebrity or famous person for a day who would you be?
3. What was your favourite tv-show growing up?
4. What’s your favourite comfort food?
5. What are 5 sights a visitor to your country should see?
6. What’s something new you would like to try in 2015?
7. Who is your favourite singer/band?
8. What is one of your favourite traditions? (can be with family/friend/yourself)
10. If you could change anything about the world what would you change?
11. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).